This Page has opened in a separate window
so that you can study it simultaneously with other documents.
To search for a word, use the "find" function in the Edit Menu at the top of your browser.
To close or minimalize this page, click in the appropriate box in the upper right corner.
+++ Israeli Law +++
Legalized Discrimination in the State of Israel
(see below this page)
STATE OF ISRAEL
(pertaining to Civil Rights in the State of Israel)
* Full Text
-Selected State Laws-
Equal Rights/Human Rights
State of Israel
STUDY GUIDE: Legalized Discrimination in Israel
(this Study Guide version is interactive and graduated for facilitating learning
and studying of the material. GOTO Study
Guide version that is designed for printing and reading altogether)
BASIC CATEGORIES OF ISRAELI LAWS RELEVANT TO CIVIL RIGHTS: (details of how these categories work)
- I. LAWS COMPROMISING DEMOCRACY - Israel compromises the democratic nature
of its government ...
- II. LAWS LEGALIZING DISCRIMINATION & EXPLOITATION - laws that legalize
discrimination against non-Jews within Israel, and oppression and exploitation
of Palestinian Arabs living in the adjacent occupied Paletinian territories
- III. LAWS & OTHER MEASURES SUPPRESSING REBELLION - methods and laws
(which often violate international laws and standards of human and civil rights)
by which the Israeli government suppresses Palestinian rebellion against Israeli
discrimination, oppression and exploitation ...
INTERNATIONAL LAW ON LEGALIZED DISCRIMINATION: (details of what these Laws say)
- 1. Universal Declaration of Human Rights (10 December 1948)
- 2. International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (21 December 1965)
- 3. International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (16 December 1966)
- 4. International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (16 December 1966)
- 5. International Covenant on the Suppression and Punishment of the Crime of Apartheid (18 July 1976)
RETURN to the BEGINNING
of this document.
STUDY the Details of How These Categories Work.
GOTO Study Guide version that
is designed for printing and reading altogether.
This article has opened in a separate
window. To close or minimalize, click in appropriate boxes in upper right of
(C) Israel Law Resoource Center, February, 2007.